Monday 7 November 2011

Back to Connecting

I've spent the last few weeks in the drafting process of my personal essays for my honors thesis and eBook.  However, as Dr. Burton as advised me, I need to continue working on connecting.  The cool thing about my eBook is that I can promote it before it is even finished.

So I've done a lot of general connecting, exploring the ins and outs in India, but it is time to start targeting people who might be interested in my essays.

What I have done so far:
  • Commented on others blogs
  • Made friends
  • Joined Twitter (here is my profile link)
  • Started sharing my writing with my family
  • Created a writing group with 8 awesome writing friends to workshop and hold discussions
  • Joined nanowrimo.  This is a site that gets you to challenge your writing goals to celebrate national writing month in November.  There is no way I will hit 50,000 words, but I am hoping to connect with other writers and get to know the students in my novel writing class better.
  • Participated in an online chat with some legit writers.  I'm going to join in again this coming Thursday.

What I Want to Do Next:
  • Comment more on other peoples blogs and find new blogs
  • Start looking into the author section of goodreads.com and try to connect with people who have similar interests.
  • Look at other writers blogs and follow forums on self publishing
  • Keep it coming! Both drafts and blog updates.
  • Review the eBook Writing about Literature in the Digital Age and start to think about how to format my own eBook

No comments:

Post a Comment