Monday 2 January 2012

Update from Professor Bennion

Hello!

Well, Christmas break is over now.  Time to buckle down and sprint to the end.  My honors thesis is due January 16th, and I will defend it in March. Dr. Burton and I have agreed that I should have my eBook finished by the time of my defense.

For now, here is an email I received from Professor Bennion, my honors faculty mentor:

Sorry to take so long.  I had a lot to read as I left England.  This is about finished.  Most of my comments just deal with sentences and word clarity.  I think you should spend a few hours thinking about the ending.  It's good, but it can be better as you think about the trouble you've had since coming home.  I don't think you need to narrate it day by day, but how seriously you've been unseated is told instead of being evoked or enacted.  That's an exaggeration. but I think you could be even more precise and clear about how difficult it's been.  And if you have come to a tentative peace about it, you might make more clear how difficult that was.  The last essay is slightly too quick.  As I said earlier, I think it's good but that it can be better.  This certainly can be defended in January. 

I do also hope that you're feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, uh question,
    I am asking it here since I do not know if you are the person on the other end of the individual fs email anymore
    anyhow, so when you were doing research for Ghana and India, what kind of things were you using for your source analysis things?
    Since I am doing literature-esque stuff, I am kind of not sure what I should be looking at
    The worksheet is all about methodology and theses and sources, but I mean, I don't really know how to apply that to literature
    I am looking into criticism a little bit of course, but in general
    i don't know where to find a paper about someone discussing the methodology of studying literature as if it were taking water samples or something
    anyhow, if you have time to respond, that would be lovely
    i am always semi afraid of talking to you because you feel like that super busy person who is doing really important things and is super productive and doesn't waste time, so I don't want to waste it, haha

    also, when is your ebook coming out?
    i want to read the rest of it

    also also, not that i am a creepy stalker person (also add into this preface basically everything i said above about not wanting to bother busy people)
    but you haven't updated in forever
    i find your world views and experiences fascinating and mind expanding since at first especially i disagreed with you a lot, but now less
    plus your blog circle also has kind of dried up as well
    i am running out of sources for my real life soap opera fix (not that your life is a spanish soap opera or anything like that, but i derive a probably demented pleasure from stalking everyone else's lives) (so don't update if that creeps you out, haha, I am totally cool with it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, except professors and field study people read this, whoops, haha

    ReplyDelete