Saturday 10 December 2011

Integrating Blogging into my Personal Essays

After meeting last week with one of my faculty mentors, Dr. Burton, I have a lot on my mind in terms of this honors thesis and ebook I am trying to create.

I sent all 87 pages of my manuscript to Dr. Burton.  He printed them out.  All of them.  They were stacked there in the middle of his desk.  It was nice to see how much work I have done, but unsettling how much of that pile still in desperate need of editing.  While I am not anticipating publishing my ebook until March, my honors thesis needs to be turned in by January 15th.  I would panic, but I don't think I have time to.

So now that I am in crunch time, where am I at?  What do I need to do?  Well, for starters I'm going to create 5 hub posts about each of my 5 essays.  In the printed format of my thesis, there will be typed URL's if a reader wants to find out more about the blog posts that made up this essay, earlier drafts, critiques, etc. to document the journey.  The eBook format will include hyperlinks.

I'm also changing up my introduction and post script to be more argumentative about blogging by acknowledged the Pandora's Box that comes with it.  I need to include more sources on blogging, though with it being such a new medium it is difficult to find them.  That should be noted in my intro.

So in addition to traditional revisions, keep a look out for some funky experiments on this blog.

(Photo credit forbes.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment