Sunday 11 December 2011

Monks and Mormons

My essay "Monks and Mormons" is the second one in my collection.  It is not yet in a form I am satisfied with, but it has come a long way. It addresses my disillusionment with Buddhism as I came to learn more about it and better understanding and appreciating my own religious beliefs.  I used to think that if I were not a Mormon I would be a Buddhist, but after this summer I've learned that this is not so.  Though I still have loads of appreciation for Eastern religious philosophy and love the Buddhists I met, I am happy being Mormon.

General changes?  Trying to make it a more interesting read, making episodes clearer,  being more articulate and respectful about the differences between these two religions, and changing the title and beginning of the essay.

Here are some posts/drafts/field note entries that document the journey of this essay:

(Photo Credit Charleston Tibetan Society)

No comments:

Post a Comment