Saturday 18 June 2011

Third Time Seeing His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Last weekend the Dalai Lama came to the TCV (Tibetan Children's Village where Kristen volunteers) for some teaching.  It lasted two days, and each day a group of us hiked up the hill to tune into some static English radio translations.  Sadly, most of it went over my head, but I enjoy learning about Buddhist philosophy.  It gives me a great appreciation for this religion and confirms my testimony in my own faith as a Latter-day Saint.

I'm including a video that Elizabeth took of His Holiness entering the TCV.  This was the third time we have seen him in McLeod Ganj and won't be the last!



Adela

2 comments:

  1. Very cool.
    It's great that the study of other religions can help strengthen our personal testimonies.

    Love you, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I think about you every time I try to do yoga, haha! You'll have to email me that final paper you wrote last semester...

    ReplyDelete