Monday 20 June 2011

Goodreads.com

If you have not noticed, I love to do all of my book reviews on Goodreads.com.  The best way I have to describe it is that it is like a facebook for book lovers.  It is fabulous for making recommendations, keeping tabs on those books you always wanted to read, writing comments, reading reviews from real people, finding books by authors you like, and for connecting!  It is the online book club. 

I've decided to look more into the benefits of Goodreads.com, mainly in the benefits of connecting for my project.  This is a great way to network and to improve my reading experience.  For example, I was debating if I wanted to read The Autobiography of the Dalai Lama or The Art of Happiness, also written by him.  Thanks to Jenny's review, I decided to stick with the autobiography.  It was just the advice I needed- something from a real person who has read both instead of just relying on the little blurb on the back covers to help me make my decision.  Hopefully some of my reviews will be just as helpful for someone else. 

If you like to read or would like to be a bit more organized in your reading, I recommend it.  Add me as a friend if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment