Sunday 15 May 2011

McLeod Ganj at Long Last

Delhi was a big, angry blur.  Despite our fair share of difficulties we managed to get everyone there, limbs and all, and endured another bus ride.  First time out of three that it did not break down in the middle of the night. 

But here we are!  Mcleod Ganj! Home sweet home.

This morning we arranged host families.  By arranging host families I mean we all piled our luggage into a giant taxi, met at the State Bank of India, and I had to rely on quick prayer and intuition to match up different names with members of my group.  So far so good.  My host family is very kind.  And big.  Five kids, a dad, uncle, grandma, and even a dog.  I have my own room.  Which I think can be a good and a bad thing, but mostly I think I am happy about that.

More updates soon.  I just need to find my feet.

Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment