Wednesday 16 March 2011

March 16, 2011: Learning Journal 9

As far as news, the Dalai Lama renounced his political leadership position, which will have all kinds of implications in Dharamsala.  I am interested to learn more about it since it is relatively new news.

This week was also a big one for being a field facilitator.  I emailed the housing coordinator and am waiting to hear back, but it just makes it so much more real making that first step.  Today we are doing a safety training at 3, which is something I have been thinking about for awhile.  Aside from having a rouge student, having to deal with a natural disaster, etc is one of the biggest fears about being a facilitator.  Stay tuned for more on that.

And on top of all of this, IRB and course contracts were supposed to be due.  I am still struggling to find someone to oversee my creative nonfiction contract.  It is stressful because in many ways I feel like this will be the most important part of my project.  I want it to be good, but what happens if I do not find anyone to work with me? 



Yeah. And IRB.  You know me, I NEVER turn in assignments late and getting behind in a class is unheard of.  Yet, I have not managed to turn in my IRB.  I got good feedback on it in our group mock IRB boards, but now it is just a matter of editing it, getting the beast signed, and turning it in.  What is wrong with me?  Am I just not recovered from the Inquiry Conference?  Is it because I am not sleeping?  Because I am stressed out about personal issues?  Why can't I get myself focused?  I am going to India in less than 2 months for crying out loud!

Any advice?  That ended on a strange note... but really.  I'm kind of struggling, and now is not the best time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment