Thursday 3 March 2011

Mini Project

Ashley, the coordinator of field studies, has encouraged the field facilitators to create a mini project to get practice and skills about the things we will need when we are in our own fields.  I like this idea, since role playing in the classroom can only take us so far.  Here is my idea.

I want to figure out what the level of awareness is of undergraduate students about the different international opportunities available to them, as well as what factors encourage or discourage them from applying.  I figure I will gather some informal interviews, and maybe do some participant observation (though I am not quite sure how that will work), but it is something I actually really am interested in.  Stay tuned for more information!


2 comments:

  1. So, are you trying to apply some of the same methodology that the students must use in the field? What are the choices for that sort of thing?

    A good idea, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think the main thing that we are supposed to be working on is asking good, descriptive questions. This is something I know I need to work on.

    As far as the rest of it goes though, I am wondering how to make this activity look more like what I will do in the field. Not sure how to do that. I'll probably talk to Ashely and see how flexible it is. Do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete