Sunday 3 July 2011

Consume: A Hike to Triund


A little over a week ago our group decided to take a hike to Triund out of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala.  It is a 9 kilometer hike one way (according to the menu at Nick’s Italian Café), and depending on how hard core you are it can take you anywhere from 2 to 4 hours one way.  Our group took about 5, but we had a lot of breaks.

It is all uphill getting there, and all downhill coming back.  There is virtually no variety in the workout, but the hike itself is beautiful.  If you are interested in ever doing this hike try to go earlier in the day to ensure you have planned enough time to spend on the mountain.  Do it on a clear day too so you do not get the fog problem we had, and pack a lunch because there are some shops up there that are very pricey. 

Here are a few pictures I took.  I will admit I was disappointed by what I captured.  The rain and clouds contributed a lot to that.  I’ve felt this lack of enthusiasm for photography ever since I got here in India though—in many ways I do not think I have ever gotten over the ethical dilemma I faced in Ghana. This week I have made a goal to get my camera out...



And me.

Myra

3 comments:

  1. That picture of the tree on the cliff is just plain awesome. This is going on my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!

    Don't forget, you're a photographer! Won't you regret it if you don't take more pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! Can you send me the ones you took of me? That would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete